Friday, December 30, 2011

friday, december 30th, 2011 will never repeat itself

which is why I am here to announce that this morning while I was snoozing between 0500 and 0503, I am fairly sure I felt the avocado-sized parasite growing inside me kick twice!! to which I responded by asking in a raised voice, "BABE DID YOU FEEL THAT!?" to my husband who was tightly holding me in bed.

and no he did not.

so I lied (laid?) there, with at least 6 more minutes left to snooze before I had to get up for work and my brain screaming OH MY HECK OH MY HECK OH MY HECK OH MY HECK I JUST FELT MY BABY MOVE! Most moms describe first kicks to be similar to butterflies, popcorn, bubbles, etc.

"but Jeremy! it felt like the elastic bouncing back to my skin when you pull on my pants! but from the inside!! the inside!!"

Jeremy: ...uh huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... (okay maybe not the best description I could come up with, but allow me to remind you that it was five'o'clock in the morning!)

I have never felt anything so happy inside of me! It wasn't a gas bubble, it wasn't a normal ache that I had to rub away, it wasn't a tiny stirring I made up it my head. It was two, beautiful, very distinct kicks right in the cener of my abdomen just announcing it's presence.



Yes, today is one of the better days of my life and I just had to share it with you.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you felt the baby already!!!!! It is the greatest feeling in the world and it will be even better when Jer can feel it too! I am so excited to be an Aunt (on my side) I miss all of the baby love and fun! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete