Wednesday, July 27, 2011

summertime had me a blast.

today I am content. and grateful for the blessings that surround me.

this summer has been the summer of growing up for me (though I'm quite sure there will be lots more after this summer). I've learned a lot about myself and how much I've grown. I've been humbled a couple of times. I've fallen in love quite a few times. I've done things I would have never imagine doing five years ago.

first, Jeremy and I are both working full time this summer. except he has a real job, and gets paid three times what I get paid. we're already an old couple! I start work at 6 most days, and try to finish my schoolwork and running before Jer gets home by 5. Our sleep schedules are off. It's the first time since we started dating that we don't see each other (or text each other) basically all day, everyday. It was a hard adjustment, and we're still learning to compromise. Jeremy comes to my work every wednesday morning (also working) and exercises with my residents. It's nice to get a little peak of what I feel in love with to begin with :) and of course, he always takes me out to lunch right after :) as hard as it can be being separated for what we never use to be separated for, I'm grateful I still get to sleep next to the love of my life every night. I'm grateful that we have financial stability and each other.

of course, there was our sealing at the beginning of summer. I'm just grateful we are so lucky to have temples everywhere nearby. I can't help but get excited about going every week. Preparing with scriptures and prayer and guidance definitely built my testimony immensely, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities.

something that has been humbling this summer is searching for our little home. So far, we have put offers on three different houses. One way or another, they have fallen through. and all very complicately. and all very frustratingly. I tell myself everytime we go house shopping that it will all be worth it by the end of summer. and here we are, end of july, I'm still telling myself to keep my hopes up, have faith. and I still believe. :) it will happen! and I will be posting cute pictures of our cute little home soon.

and then there's class. which isn't terrible at all, since I'm just taking one online class- the last one to finish up my psychology major. I'm SO excited to start nursing school this fall. I can't help but get a huge smile on my face everytime I think about it- I've been working towards and dreaming about this for three years! (I'm sure, when I start first semester I'll be super stressed and my hair will fall out again). Even better news: in June, I applied for a scholarship through the college of nursing without high hopes. I recently found out that I will be receiving full tuition reimbursement for the whole two years of nursing school (if I maintain a 3.2 gpa). it really couldn't have work out better. and I am so grateful that I have all these educational opportunities.

finally, the hardest thing I've put my body through (physically): running. Last Christmas, I was the heaviest I've ever been in my life. It took another 2-3 months before I finally got it together and decided to train for a half-marathon. I never cease to prove to myself that if you want something bad enough (and you work for it) and you get it. Yesterday night, I went on a "quick run." 9 miles later, I wasn't even phased. I feel my strongest and I'm so grateful for my health. In three and a half weeks I'm going to be running a marathon. I am so stoked! I seriously can't express to you how hard I've worked and trained for this event. Even if I don't get my goal time, I have still had the best experience these last six months training. (aug. 20th at park city around 11 if you want to watch me finish!)

it's been a great summer. i can already feel the aura of fall creeping in... and it'll be a great fall! if there's one thing I've learn this summer, it's to focus on the good. because life is good to us. :)

1 comment: