Wednesday, November 30, 2011

one and a half weeks of school
and one final left.

I am almost done with my first semester of nursing school!
that's one-fourth, people!
just three more of these and I will be GRADUATED!

because I get stressed easily, I like to make to-do lists:
things left before I am free:
poster presentation tomorrow
study for ebp exam 3 next monday
study for pharm exam 3 next thursday
study for pharm final on the 14th!

is that it!?
I can't believe I'm actually going to survive first semster!!!

things I want to do over my month of freedom:
christmas shopping!
try out different recipes!
crafts!!!! (this is all I can think about!!)
painting!
ati practice tests
get fish for Jeremy's finish tank!
get my massage that Jeremy got me for my birthday!
buy new textbooks!
be involved in a surprise of some kind!
see all my friends!
have a house-warming party!
lay in bed and sleep in everyday!
bake cookies!
so much more!!!!!!!!!!!


On a different note,
for my health promotions class, we had to draft a personal wellness plan.
it was super tedious; 5 pages long, 10 point font, single spaced kind of tedious
and it was worth the bulk of our grade so... dun dun dun...

anyways, I had my super smart friend Austin edit it for me
and one of the parts was my goal to be less stressed out by the end of the school year (haha)
and I had to write interventions for it ie. make to-do lists, appreciate myself, yoga, etc.

and sweet Austin types in:
Also, I need to just realize that all of the small things I stress about really don’t matter that much in the long run. I have an incredible and supportive husband, ... and I’m a part of a wonderful nursing program. What more could I ask for?(You really don’t have to put that. Just pointing out how lucky you are!)
(I omitted a couple of personal things)

Anyway, it's true!!!
I am the luckiest girl in the world!

because:
I have such an amazing support system!
-all my best friends I've met throughout the years who love me and don't judge me for my decisions
-all my nursing best friends that just support me endlessly and help me get through the day without crying
-my parents who always have my back and cook such good food!
-my other parents (randy&julie) whose home I can just go to whenever I need to
-my INCREDIBLE husband who listens to me cry everyday over the dumbest things, who thinks about me so often, who has been picking up my slack the last couple of months because I'm so tired, who plans out great date nights when he knows I need them, who went and secretly bought christmas lights because he knew I wanted them so much!

I am so lucky to have a home of our own!
I fall more and more in love with it everyday! Jeremy works so hard everyday to pay for all our bills, and sometimes I can't believe we're grownups!

My education!
This is pretty self-explanatory. I can still feel the excitement when I opened my acceptance letter! This is the hardest thing I've worked for my whole life and I am so thankful that I can be a part of such a great program. I know of at least two different stories where a nursing school applicant didn't get accepted, and events happened throughout the next year that made them realize that they weren't meant to be in that cohort. Those two stories are of two of my closest friends in the program now, and they tell me everything happens for a reason (and seriously, I would be lost if they weren't in MY cohort).
I got accepted the first time around because I was meant to finish.

this picture cracks me up! we are total goofs!

there is so much more I have to be thankful for!

I've had a rough couple of weeks because of random things and pure exhaustion. I am so sorry if you had to reciprocate any of that crankiness (esp. Jeremy). There is a lot of room for my patience to grow, I think. Thank you to everyone who has helped me stay positive and who keeps loving me even though I am pretty much crazy!

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to find out what your surprise you're involved in is! so proud of you and your powerhouse nursing!! love you xo

    ReplyDelete