Sunday, August 18, 2013

a child's prayer

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
Pray, He is there
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Speak, He is listening
Some say that Heaven is far away.
You are His child
But I feel it closer around me as I pray.
His love now surrounds you
Heavenly Father, I remember now
He hears your prayers
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
He loves the children
"Suffer the children to come to me"
Of such is the kingdom,
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.
the kingdom of Heaven.

So grateful to have a calling in primary, to learn all these beautiful primary songs.
On any given Sabbath, there's a good chance I'll be tearing up during singing time.
The words of this song means so much to me, as I often ask:
Heavenly Father, are you really there? Do you really hear me when I pray?

I feel that becoming a mother has really strengthened my relationship with my Father in Heaven.
I watch Amelia throw tantrums and strain to understand,
and wonder if Heavenly Father watches me cry and struggle.
I watch Amelia spit out her veggies and sneak in her bribe,
and wonder if Heavenly Father watches me ignore His promptings and choose what's convenient for me.
I watch Amelia grow physically and mentally, beaming with pride,
and wonder if Heavenly Father beams with pride as He watches me develop and mature.

As I wrap my arms around Amelia when she comes to me,
I know Heavenly Father surrounds me when I go to Him.
As I point out different suggestions to Amelia,
I know Heavenly Father guides me.

I'm so blessed to have a loving Father, to be trusted to raise one of His children, to have the knowledge of prayer, to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm just so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way with our primary class! when they sing their hearts out I get teary eyed every time.

    ReplyDelete