Monday, November 11, 2013

131313





























I first heard of 131313 from a running site I am following on facebook. Thirteen half marathons (13.1 miles) in 2013. I laugh at how ridiculous it sounded. Then, as time grew, I found myself thinking about the possibility. Finally, I decided to commit. And there was no turning back. I couldn't be more proud of myself. I PR'd three times, my current record being 1:47. I also had some rough races, awfully hilly courses, #4 in Ogden, where it poured the entire time and #10, where I rolled my ankle at mile 5. In the end, I stopped training in between races because I was working so much, but it was nice to see I could still bust out 13 miles if I needed to. I couldn't have done it without Jeremy. Every race day, he would pack up our babe and her breakfast, drive me to my bus, try to get some shut eye, pick up a dr. pepper for me right before my finish, and cheer me on as I passed the finish line. Ah, I'm a lucky girl to have him. I am also grateful that Amelia put up with this for her entire summer/fall. She's such a sweetheart; I can't think of a better motivation for taking care of my body than setting an example for my daughter. Finally, I couldn't have done it without the love and support from my family and friends! Training gets awfully tiresome sometimes, but it was always comforting to know I had my fan club to cheer me on. I loved running, I loved being a part of and meeting the running community, I loved getting stronger and faster, and I'm so grateful to have been able to accomplish this huge goal of mine!

2 comments:

  1. This is way cool! I love how you have pictures of you with family at every race. You are so lucky to have such a supportive family! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete