Wednesday, October 23, 2013

golden












It was my golden birthday: 22 years on the 22nd; kind of a big deal if you ask me. Jeremy was up late the night before making sure I woke up to perfection (and I was working, of course). Do you see what I woke up to?  A clean kitchen with gold balloons, gold lanterns, gold candy (my favorite), and a gorgeous gold necklace. Oh, and the cake. Jeremy baked and frosted and decorated that chocolate cake all by himself. Aren't you all way impressed? Gosh, I love him. I'm a lucky girl to have a man who makes sure every detail is painstakingly perfect, and still is able to surprise me.

I got to spend my whole day with my baby girl, who just thinks she is the most hilarious baby ever (I can't blame her). Then, Jeremy took me out to The Roof for dinner. We walked around City Creek before and around the Temple afterwards. We had delicious food, a beautiful view, and I'm just so grateful to have time to catch up with my Honey (because honestly, we don't see each other much these days). He could have taken me anywhere for dinner and I would have been so happy just to be holding his hand, but like always, he chose to go all out. And like a gentleman, he didn't let me see the bill. It brings me to tears how special he makes me feel, how protective and loving he is of me, the way he kisses me and holds me when it's cold. I'm so blessed. We concluded the evening by picking up our babe (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Bodtcher!) and celebrating just the three of us. Amelia may or may not have gotten some frosting way past her bedtime... It was the perfect day. I just adore my family.

Plus, I'm so thankful for all the birthday wishes I received on social media and through text. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel special!

(PS. That random chapel picture above? We were about to walk out, and the sister missionary begged us to let her take a picture. She was so darling I couldn't refuse!)

1 comment:

  1. the CUTEST wake up presents ever!! so so sweet. glad you had a stellar birthday!! because i think you're stellar. :)

    ReplyDelete