Saturday, October 24, 2015

turning 24





it might seem strange, but I've been getting a little down with my birthday each year. it's probably the aging and not really feeling growth, or perhaps enough growth? or maybe just not materialistic growth that is measurable. anyway, it doesn't make a whole love of sense and I try really hard to ignore it.

my birthday week made me so happy this year. i felt a great amount of love from the people i love and it has just been perfect. it started with my haircut on tuesday, and then my friend Michelle took me out for dinner at The Porch. it was our first time hanging out without our kiddos-- after almost 4 years of friendship. my parents brought me a their traditional cheesecake and a box of ferrero rochers on wednesday. Jeremy made me breakfast on my birthday, i was able to shower and paint my toenails while Amelia was at school and Scarlett was napping, Jessica left me a sweet gift of Dr. Pepper, ferrero rocher, and crochet hooks and a case to store them too because she knows just how to make me smile, Collette and Remy brought over a frosted lemonade from Chik-fil-A, I got sunflowers and a sweet card from Jeremy and the girls, food trucks with the Bodtchers for dinner, Jer and I snuck away to watch The Martian, and I just received so many birthday wishes from all the people I love!

and just when I thought it was over: on Friday, the girls and I headed out for a picnic at the park with my visiting teaching companion and the sisters we visit-teach and their kiddos. boy, we were a huge bunch! the girls surprised me with birthday doughnuts from Dunkin' Donuts complete with candles, matches, and singing. guys, I barely held it together, but I had to laugh with how excited the kids were about the doughnuts. especially Amelia (it's probably been the best week of her life since she has partaken in all my treats...). These ladies are newer friends of mine since so many have moved away-- and they are so sweet and so thoughtful. I'm not friends of any of them on Facebook, so the only reminder of my birthday they might have gotten was during relief society announcement. With 4-5 kids (each) of their own, this surprise was definitely not easy to pull off. I was so touched.

I feel so blessed and loved. My heart feels so full these days, like maybe I'm finally getting it together or something. I'm grateful for such a huge and dedicated support system. I'm excited for this newest chapter.

xo




oh, I forgot to mention that Herriman Library turned 5 this same week, so the storytime themes were all related to birthdays. It was a perfect coincidence. Scarlett loved the birthday hats, as you can tell... Amelia learned a lot about surprise parties and presents-- she would wrap up presents (play veggies) for me and yell "SURPRISE!" as I opened them. (Also, Amelia writes her own name on her name tag, and she's working on her penmanship!)

No comments:

Post a Comment