Thursday, October 13, 2011

I know my call despite my faults


today,
I was driving and this song came on the radio and I started bawling my eyes out.
isn't just great to have someone who always believes in you,
and tells you it's okay to be scared,
and that you can do anything under that sun?
sometimes I'm terrified that I can't do a lot of things...
a few weeks ago, I almost started crying in the middle of my nursing simulation
(where a couple of nursing students perform nursing cares on and talk to a mannequin for about 10 min.
oh ps. they film you, and your whole clinical group watches you,
then you rewatch it and get debriefed).
They made me the head nurse,
and I was shaking so hard afterwards;
I told Jeremy I was quitting nursing school.
he told me that I would be fine.
that it's so scary, and it makes you want to quit
but that's what makes it worth it.
the next week
I got a 98.5 on my assessment passoff
without even looking at that damn cheatsheet.
my husband is so positive and loving and excited and
he refuses to let me get down about myself.
it's great to have an advocate in your life.
to get a hello kiss everyday,
to know that someone will stand up for you even if you're wrong,
to know that you're not alone
when something scary happens.

i absolutely, completely, entirely love jeremy ray bodtcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment