Thursday, October 11, 2012

2 years

year 2 was a little more special than year 1.
because we had our little baby with us.
everything is so much more important, so much more sacred, so much more exciting.
 
everything is harder, too.
 
we were in saint george on October 8th, 2012
 
 
 
as a family we went to denny's for breakfast.
and then we were off to Sand Hallow

 
 
cheesy, I know.
I will probably make Jeremy take kissing pictures with me for the rest of eternity.


 
the water was so clear,
Jeremy kept talking about coming back next year to swim.
and to fish (you know, his obsession).



 
we came back and did a little swimming with our cute babe...

 
Jeremy took me shopping,
we gave Amelia a bath
we dressed up,
and went to Iggy's for dinner.
 
our waiter was darling and gave us free drinks and anniversary advice.
and our babe was so good to sleep through our dinner.
I am only a little sad we didn't get a picture.
 
when we got back to the hotel room,
Jeremy had a little surprise waiting...

 
the pillowcases were really cheesy...
but the fitted sheet was really cute.
I found the idea, here.
 
it took an extraordinary amount of effort to keep it a secret from Jeremy
and also to make with an attention-demanding baby.

 
here is Amelia, helping me out like a champ...
 
 
so we completed the night with the "game of love,"
complete with "champagne," gifts, and chocolate.
I'm not ashamed to admit it!
 
 
I adore my husband.
we have our ups and downs,
and a baby makes the rollar coaster a little rockier.
I think it's so important to go out of your way to do something special for your special man,
even if it's super cheesy.
We've both been slacking a little lately, with a baby and all.
but we're trying!
 
I'm willing to bet our anniversaries will get better every year.
there's no way Í'm wrong, with this stud by my side.
thanks for sticking with me, Jeremy Ray!!
xo
 
 
1 year
 

1 comment: