Friday, November 2, 2012

all hallow's eve

not sure I've ever loved a Halloween as much as this year's.
we were fred, wilma, and pebbles flintstone!
enjoy some photographs of our festivities:
 
 
this was at our ward halloween party,
the week before the actual holiday.
aren't we the cutest?!
Jeremy even put on his costume without a fight!
Amelia was a little in shock with the chaos,
and we had to leave early.
but we did win a yummy apple pie from the young men/young women's auction!

 
the following Sunday we carved our pumpkins that we grew from our love garden.
Amelia jabbered the whole time we were carving;
she was so interested in what was going on!
this was the first year I carved my own pumpkin start to finish,
and I smoked Jer on time!
oh ps. we're wearing matching shirts from the spooky 5k the college of nursing hosted!

 
here we are on acutal halloween night.
Jer did make me beg a little before putting on his costume this time...
we went trick-or-treating at ah-ma and ah-gong's house
before heading over to the party at grandma and grandpa bodtchers'!
they fed us dinner...

 
and we played some games!!!
(have you seen "just go with it"?)
these pictures look a little inappropriate,
but jeremy and I kinda had a height disadvantage on everyone!
 
 
here is a group picture of the costume participants.
thanks for such a fun night, everyone!
 
a note on the costumes:

 
I started on Jeremy's costume early this summer (before Amelia was born),
everyone thought I was crazy for starting so early,
but you know me... can't procrastinate!
it was some intense sewing by hand!!
 

 
see what I have to put up with?
 
 
I did start on Amelia's costume a little later,
because I had no idea how big she would be in October
(she was still wearing newborn sizes in September!)

 
and my cute mom made my white dress.
and this, is actually intense.
and legit. because I will we re-wearing this dress often.
Jeremy says it looks like a wedding dress... ha!
 
 
 
anyways,
so glad we dressed up as a family,
Amelia will appreciate this when she's a bit older (I hope).
 
last year for halloween,
we moved our giant brown couches in our new home,
and only a handful of people knew I was pregnant!
 
this is my favorite time of the year...
when all the holidays creeping up on top of each other!
so excited for Amelia's first thanksgiving and first christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment