Monday, November 12, 2012

her hands

I love lazy mornings in bed with my family.
amelia is in an incredibly curious phase of her development lately
and I adore watching her desire to touch and discover new things.
I love her perfect little hands
developing fine motor skills,
she feel the coarseness her dad's beard
and marvel in its difference from his clothes
or his skin.
or when she is staring down at the two of us,
one hand on dad's face and one hand in mom's mouth,
looking at both of us
and giggling tremendously.
it's the perfect time in the day for this kind of gentle adventure,
because she is still cuddly
and delights in giving slobbery kisses
or being attacked on both cheeks with dozens and dozens of kisses from the two people who love her most.

these moments pass by too fast.
it's a constant struggle to be excited for her growth and to be heartbroken about its speed.
four days past five months.
I'm holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment