Monday, February 11, 2013

blessed

whenever I hear a song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky
whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by
whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart
I thank Him reverently,
for all His creations for which I'm a part,
Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me.


my last post sounded a little whiney. like, my life is super hard or something.
and then during sharing time at church, we learned this song
and it really put things in perspective for me.

my life is good.
I really am blessed for all that I have.
sometimes it's easy to get lost in the cutest and the newest. it's easy to see "better" things you want on blog, pinterest, insta, facebook, etc. etc. etc.
I'm grateful for the gift of the holy ghost, and for comfort and answers to prayers.
like this simple song, reminding me what's really important in life.
yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

thanks to Melissa Robbins, all the way back in 2010.

1 comment: