Tuesday, April 9, 2013

happiest 10 months

Millie babe is 10 months old. I can't believe double digits is here. I'm still in denial she'll be a whole year old in two short months. Amelia loves to play and flip through books and crawl. She loves following Jeremy and I into different rooms, she loves playing with the toliet paper roll (we've started to turn the roll backwards), and she loves the toliet bowl water (we've started keeping the lid down). Amelia is independent and loves to explore, but only at home. Out in public, she's the biggest mommy's girl you'll ever meet.


She has so much personality. She stops playing and crawls over to you to give you slobbery kisses. She eats and says, "mmmmmmmmm." She bites you, and when you scream in surprise, she mimics. Sometimes she bites herself, and squeals. She makes kissy sounds, we're working on actually blowing the kiss. She waves, she talks like crazy. She says, "ma ma ma" all day long. She loves knocking down tower blocks. She loves giggling and doing her big CHEESE face. She dances to music. She gets so excited waiting for her tub to fill up for bathtime.



She walks well while holding one hand. She's taken 4 steps on her own. She drinks from her own sippy cup. She loves cheerios- this is my secret on how to get her to eat everything. Speaking of food, she is doing so much better- 3 full meals for almost a week, and hardly any screaming. Turns out she had tooth #5 cutting in. Sometimes she holds her hand out and makes me kiss it before she'll take another bite. She breastfeeds once in the morning and once at night. She takes 2-3 ounces of pumped milk with each meal. She sleeps from 8 pm - 6 am. I feed her between 6 and 7, before my run, and she'll sleep until 8 am. Today she slept until 10 am! (who is my baby?) She takes two solid naps a day- usually around 10 am and 2 pm, but it varies, and we're okay with that.



Amelia loves texture books. She loves feeling things with her fingers. She likes to put them on my lips, in my mouth, on my tongue, on my eyeball, through my hair, up my nose, etc. She doesn't like to wear bows on her head anymore- breaks my heart! She pulls her socks off. She loves playing peek-a-boo (or different versions of it). She loves raspberries. I just barely put away all her 3 month clothes- it's just 6-9 months now! She enjoys the outside- it's so nice that it's getting warmer. I love watching her listen and look for cars driving by, or discover other children playing, or feel the wind breeze by. She is so smart!


Amelia baby- we love you through and through. You are the sweetest baby we've ever met. we can't believe we are so blessed to have such a smart, full of personality, full of curiousity spit-fire, all in such a cute little package. Still can't believe you chose us, sometimes I still can't believe you're ours. We love you to the moon and back. Happy 10 months!

2 comments:

  1. awe what a sweetheart! =) so sad about the bows =( maybe she'll give them a second chance.

    ReplyDelete