Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday hasn't always been special for me. It's amazing how much your life can turn around in a few years. At one point in my life, I was sick of everyone making a big deal about Easter, because I was too old to find eggs. and then yesterday, I'm trying to stifle my crying as I bear my testimony to my five year olds. Usually they're so rambunctious, it's hard to get a word in. I'm telling them how Jesus died on the cross for us, and he lived again, and so can we, with our families, forever, and it's silent and they're all absorbing it in. I'm sure they've heard this story a thousand times, and you probably have too. I'm so glad we celebrate Easter, I'm so glad I know the atonement is real and I can have my loves forever and ever.

One of the things I worry about constantly is I am a good mother: if I share the gospel enough with my children, if I am a good example, if I'm the kind of mother that will raise children worthy of and desirous of going to the temple and serving a mission. Not being raised in the LDS church, this is a legit fear! I don't know how children are suppose to behave in sacrament, I don't know when they start reading scriptures, I don't know how to tell them who Jesus is. On Easter morning, I gave Amelia her first empty tomb. You know, an empty Easter egg symbolizing the resurrection of Christ? She sat there feeling her plastic egg, listening to the story of Easter morning and what it means to me, watching me cry. and I just knew, we're going to be alright. Good thing Heavenly Father has my back. :)


At church, yellow and grey will probably always be my favorite combo of colors.
 
 All the grandchildren on Jeremy's side,
from left to right: Amelia, Ava, Abi, and Kohen
getting a good picture of all four kiddos in their Easter best is harder than you think!

 
One of the candids. I love this one.
Amelia is a little bit of a thumb-sucker,
and her Aunt Melissa had to pull it out a couple of times for pictures.
Amelia's face says it all.
 
Oh, and Abi just kept kissing Kohen over and over. Love it. 


The older girls wrote, "Happy 1st Easter, Kohen & Amelia!" on the steps.
These two babies are so lucky to great examples in their older cousins.


Amelia's been into feeling different textures lately.
Obviously, not very into the grass.
If you think about it, it just feels so weird!

"um, can you guys stop taking pictures, so I can go look for some eggs?"
ha! love her sweet face!

Amelia finding her first egg, and putting it in her little basket.

 
"guys! I got one!!!!"

three cute girls swinging away.
 
look at that sheer joy. and also that hair blowing in the wind!

I'll take any opportunity for a family picture.

Good thing Amelia has a new obsession with touching my face at all times. Love it.
 
Grandpa Bodtcher raises some chickens in his backyard.
Amelia was pretty interested in these little creatures,
and we thought it would be a good idea to let her touch one.
Abi chases after one, catches it, and bring it over for Amelia.
who then, pulls out a couple of feathers
(so sad, we haven't quite learned the soft soft soft concept yet).

These are pretty close to my favorite pictures of the day.
Abi would kill me if she knew I posted these.
While Amelia was petting pictured chicken, the chicken started flapping her wings in Abi's face.
Bahahaha! I can't stop laughing at these pictures!
Love you Abi! Can't wait for your wedding to pull these out!



We had some amazing dinner and spent some quality time with the Bodtchers. We got to see little Molly via ultrasound- we're so excited for her to make her debut this July! Loved this Easter and love this family that I get to spend eternity with.
Thanks to Aunt Emily for taking these amazing photos.
 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Haha those pictures with the chicken! Girl, you are doing a wonderful job of teaching Amelia all the important things. I look up to you and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete