Thursday, July 25, 2013

happy birthday america!

 







 
 
I love Independence Day for what it represents: our right to speak, our right to worship as we please, our right to bear arms (Jeremy would say that that is debatable...) I so feel blessed for my freedom and agency. This fourth of July, I started with the Beat the Heat Half Marathon (#7). We joined with rest of the Bodtchers at the Murray Parade, where Amelia tried to pick up and eat parade candy, stole other people's seats, waved her tiny flag, met a fireman, stared her baby cousin Kohen down, clapped, and was an all-around ham! After brunch at the Bodtchers, we all had a nice nap before venturing to the Riverton fireworks. We were right in front of the fire station, so Amelia got to see the fire truck and sirens firsthand. Our busy-body enjoyed the fireworks every so often, but mostly crawled back and forth between grandparents.
 
PS. While we were laying in the dark together, Jeremy leaned in and whispered to me, "You get fireworks every year on our engagement anniversary. How well did I plan THAT?" Yup, that's my man, always planning... Geez, I can't believe it's been a whole three years! I'm so grateful for how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment