Tuesday, April 8, 2014

22 months










"hi shadow!"




Millie babe is a total sponge these days.
She mimics like crazy, especially when we're not noticing it.
The other day, she called her daddy, "Jeremy."
She can say her colors (red, yellow, blue, green, purple, white, black, brown. she doesn't like to say 'orange' and she says 'yuck' for pink),
numbers 1-15, letters a-e, animal names and the sounds they make.
She knows the names of all her aunts, uncles, cousins, little friends, and a few others, but don't expect her to say them in front of strangers
She says "pease" and "tanks" out loud now.
She also says phrases like, "love you" and "c'mon mommy" and "morning daddy" and "night night fishees" and "sthat?" (what's that?) and "pull... pants... up" (always the pause in between words).

The other day, she helped me bless breakfast:
"...Father... Thanks daddy... Thanks babies... Thanks food... Thanks everything... Pease bless food... Pease bless daddy... Pease bless goodday... Jesus... Christ, AMEN!"

When we cross the street, I ask, "Millie, are there any cars coming?"
She looks to one side, says "nope!"
I say, "what about the other side?"
She looks, and says, "nope... c'mon!"

While I was rocking her right before naptime today, she said, "sing the temple?" (we always sing 'I love to see the temple' at bedtime)-- I accepted.

She loves picking her leaves and giving the special ones away,
but she knows we leave them outside.
She's so outgoing, yet still so shy. She loves swings and slides.
She follows simple instructions and understands really well, like "please throw this away for me" and "do you need a diaper change?" and "time to brush your teeth"
She loves to call family members and leave messages for them.
She also knows when she is in trouble, like when she has a handful of wipes in her hands and gives me the guilty look and hands them all back to me.
She loves to read, and point things out, and find objects that match up in the book (like her hat, or whale)
She's getting so much better with sharing/trading.
She loves to give kisses.
Still teeny tiny and fits in her carrier carseat.
Let's you know when she is bored.
Can walk up and down stairs by herself (hand on the wall or railing, of course)
Always wants to sit on her potty, makes me leave, slams the door in my face (gotta have her privacy)
Loves pulling her rocking chair in to keep me company whilst I'm on the potty.
Has been playing on her own more often.
In 12 months clothing, size 3 diapers, size 5 shoes.

She sleeps from 8 pm to 9 am, regularly
and naps between 1-3, but these are dwindling too.
For breakfast, she either has an 'oatmeal day' (oatmeal + quinoa) or an 'egg day' (cherry tomatos, kale, egg, spinkle of cheese) with yogurt and a smoothie.
For lunch, she has a plate of broccoli and carrots, half an advocado, 3 large strawberries/5 cherry tomatoes, and a smoothie.
For dinner, she has lunch + bites of whatever we are eating.
My current smoothie recipe: 2 bananas, 1 orange, handful of strawberries, 2 large handfuls of kale, broccoli, carrots, chia seeds, 1 can of greek yougurt, 1 glassful of ice. (I can make this in my sleep).



She's just a mini adult, and I love her little spirit.
22 months. Can't believe there's only 2 months until she's 2.

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable and you are such a cute mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm serious. i'd like to hire you as my chef, please.

    ReplyDelete