Monday, April 21, 2014

He is not here, for He has risen.

Easter Sunday was lovely at the Bodtchers. We kept it wayyyyyy low-key; the quiet was exactly what we needed to feel the spirit. We started the day with our regular 3-hour church service. I'm grateful beautiful program was prepared for us so I could reflect on my savior's life and sacrifice. Plus, Amelia would say, "AMEN!" whenever she felt a prayer was too long or anytime someone said 'Jesus Christ.' She also yells, "bread! bread! bread!!!!! bread!" and "water? water, pease? water!" during the sacrament prayers. Please don't think we don't remind her to be reverent, any tips for us are welcome...


After lunch, Amelia went down for a nap. Jeremy made oreo cream pie for Sunday dinner, while I finished putting together Amelia's cardbox airplane (yes, it's made out of a huggies diaper box). We set out her basket, before taking a quick little nap ourselves.


To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the Easter bunny. I know I sound so self-righteous right now, but it's just always seems to take away from the real meaning of Easter a little bit (for me, anyway). Holidays mean a lot more to me now that I have my own baby, and I stress about making them meaningful and special. I still packed a small basket: toddler plate, sunflower seed to grow, butterfly net, crazy straws, bubbles and a couple of swimsuits for the summer. Easy! I do wish I would found the time to get her a new church-related book, but it's fine. I've realized Amelia doesn't need much to be happy, because she's a toddler and we also try emphasize gratitude around here.


her hair.

the joy on her face was worth all the hours of cutting the cardboard shapes and spraying thin layers of paint on the box...



We went over to Grandma Bodtcher's house, and the grandchildren had a hayday in the backyard hunting for eggs. Jeremy helped "hide" the eggs, but Amelia still got a total of $0. Guess you can say we have an honest man in our lives... Amelia's lucky to have so many sweet sweet cousins; she's always thrilled to go to "gramma's house" to play.



At some point, she stole Remy's basket and started filling it too. (when these boys get a little older, she won't know what hit her. One day out of the blue, they're going to stop taking her bullying; when that day comes, I'm thinking/hoping my life gets a little easier... ha!) I told her to stand in front of the fence and say "cheese!"-- I'm so proud she's mastered this skill!



Amelia loved the hunt. She loved sorting through her eggs, and even popped in a jellybean (so sneaky). We had dinner; we played in the backyard some more; we loved our family. We went home and watched the #becauseofHim video again, always makes me teary.

I'm grateful for my savior; I'm grateful for the atonement; I'm grateful for Easter, so we can celebrate the day an angel said, "He is not here, for He has risen."

Hope you had an amazing Easter!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment