Monday, March 9, 2015

a name and a blessing for scarlett anne













































wow, a ton of pictures for my girl's blessing day. big days like this have a way of working my nerves... but everything turned out perfect. no blowouts, no screaming through the blessing, the luncheon was great! geez, there's a lot of worry on the mom department for these events. and truly, the most important part, the only part that really mattered, was the circle of worthy priesthood holders and the words that came out of my husbands mouth. (i love that our bishop meets with us beforehand and advises jeremy to seek my counsel.) jeremy choked up a bit and i started tearing up (the man hardly ever cries). and then amelia hopped off my lap and it was difficult for me to focus... luckily my friend sharlie took notes for me (without me asking, she is the most thoughtful person!).

it was a beautiful day, but we had the luncheon at daybreak community center since you never know what the weather will be like in march. we ate cafe rio style, and i got 4 pints of their tomatillo dressing because i stressed we would run out. guess not everyone is as obsessed with their dressing as i am and now we have 2+ pints left over for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next week (or 2 days). luckily i can drink that stuff. i am so grateful for my mother in law, who stepped in (like she always does) and helped me plan the entire thing. she also took over so many of the food assignments so i didn't have to worry about anything. i am also so grateful for such a supportive family who loves us and spoils us.










jeremy was a little nervous to get in front of our entire congregation and teased me that he would ask the bishop to call me up for a few words. he ended up forgetting to ask, but i had prepared to share my testimony just in case:

having two children has strengthened my relationship with Heavenly Father. we most likely constantly think the same thoughts: obey the rules, i promise it's what's best for you. we watch our children fail to listen and stray with their own ideas and endure through undesired consequences. it's heartbreaking and such a struggle to be a parent at times. it's during those times i get on my knees on pray to be better. i'm so grateful for this gift of motherhood, for this gospel, for my forever family for the love of my Heavenly Father, for the priesthood power in my life. i testify that Christ loves me and love you too. i testify that if we obey the commandments, we will live with other father in Heaven again!


to end on a less serious note, i love this man^^ at the end of the day, after putting the girls in bed, i told him: if i was a gorilla, i'd beat on my chest for you. he quickly snapped back: only males do that. if i was a gorilla, i'd give you a banana. haaaaaaaaahaha! still dying over here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment