Monday, July 6, 2015

light up the sky with the fourth of july








As tradition would have it, our family kicked off the 4th of July with the Murray parade. It was our sixth parade together, and I still reminisce our engagement right before our first parade. Three is the magic number, Amelia is little human with her own little brain who loves holidays and can appreciate fireworks! She loved the parade and waved and high-fived and danced to the passing music and ran to the candy and it was just so good for my mama heart to see her so excited. Scarlett cheered (yelled) in the background and that was perfect, too.

Brunch with the Bodtchers, dinner with my parents + a nap in between made the whole day just right.







Sparklers and pop-its on our driveway, where Amelia told us, "it's so hot! in my nose!" and we agreed how much we love being parents.







The best kept secret is this spot right by the temple. I'm not sure these pictures did justice, but we got a full panoramic view of the valley's fireworks! (Amelia kept saying, "say cheese, fireworks!" as I was snapping these shots) We were far enough away from the BOOMs and I just loved how uncrowded it was. We brought our own snacks and were the first to arrive around 8. It was so special being together with just our own little family, chatting while more families arrived and watching the sun set. Amelia was sweet and so excited for the fireworks; she would yell out the colors and yell, "they're getting closer!" and "look, Scarlett!" Scarlett stared in awe at times, but was more interested in her purple hand. Jeremy kept telling me that we had found our spot, that this was going to be our firework spot for years to come. And for me, it was just such a perfect day with my family. I felt so blessed to have them, to be living in this country, to have everything I need.

God bless America!

2014
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment