Sunday, July 6, 2014

happy birthday america!



Amelia has got that parade wave and clapping down!


It's tradition that we celebrate the 4th in Murray with Jeremy's family, complete with 5k, parade, and brunch with the entire extended family on both sides. We don't run the 5k anymore, but it makes my heart so happy to see Amelia get excited for the parade. The fourth of July will always be one of my favorite holidays because of Jeremy's proposal (he technically proposed on the 3rd, so we have our own special anniversary). I don't even know what we did for holidays before having kids! Amelia would yell comments like "whoaaaaa!" and "hi cows!" and lead the music for the floats and wave her flag and run out in the middle of the street to pick up pieces of candy. Gosh, I love her and love seeing the world through her eyes.

In case you didn't know, we announced to the extended family and to our social media friends some exciting news! Amelia's shirt reads: "ONLY CHILD expiring december 2014" and we couldn't be more excited! It melts my heart to watch her share and be more kind to her younger cousins. I'm sure we'll all struggle a little for the big adjustment to come, but I'm so so happy. I feel so blessed and grateful for this responsibility! And I feel so blessed and grateful that I have such a dedicated, hardworking husband who has built a home spiritually and financially ready for this change. I am the luckiest.

The three of us napped after brunch. Jeremy and I went to the movies (Transformers. please don't waste your money...) while Amelia stayed to play with her cousins. Afterwards, we went to Ryan and Melissa's home to watch fireworks from their giant porch. I loved that we could see five different cities' displays! Amelia kept yelling "BOOM!" and singing "firework! firework!" all night. I love that girl!

I'm grateful to celebrate this holiday with my favorite people. I'm grateful for this country and what it represents. I'm grateful for all the women and men who have died and are still serving to keep my family and I safe.

xo

 
Amelia's rendition of  "head, shoulders, knees and toes"

we still struggle with selfies, what will we ever do with four of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment