Sunday, November 1, 2015

the week of halloween

well if this post isn't a photo dump, I'm not really sure what is.


These girls and their slides.






pumpkin point farms-- last patch of the season! I loved amelia's face on the tractor ride, and scarlett had so much fun "driving" with dad!


passed out in our bed... sneaky girl!




wheeler farm with melissa, ryan molly, and lainey. what a fun evening at one of our favorite fall places!


amelia and her dance class-- all the girls in costume for halloween. I love that millie girl is the only one that isn't a princess or a dress/tutu. she told me how pretty should thought their dresses were, and this was when I knew that she would pick her costume next year (hopefully she wasn't too bummed about being a turtle!)


I love this millie girl! and our mommy + millie time!


we took everett to storytime at the library to give his mom a break and I loved how they danced!






our ward halloween party is always a blast! I love how hard the young women and young men work to pull this off! the dunk-a-deacon was kinda lame, since we could see the steam coming off the water! (come ON, boys!) millie got to pick a treat to support girls' camp, and she picked a cupcake with vadar on it! HAHAHA. we left early for the girls' bedtime, but I'm sure we would have won the costume contest had we stayed! :)


screenshot of a video I took of amelia's preschool program. she was the sweetest! you know the song "1 little, 2 little, 3 little witches"? and how it ends with "high ho, halloween's here!" amelia's been practicing all month, singing "I know halloween's here!" I love her so much and I loved seeing her in her element and learning things from her teacher and friends.






pumpkin carving: amelia thought the guts were disgusting, but scarlett loved helping me! I had baby-duty so amelia and I both had simple designs. jeremy carved a creepy bat in record time, too! nights like these are the nights I feel so blessed for my family and just life in general.













froze our hineys off at cornbelly's on friday morning with a fun little preschool group (the girls had 3-4 layers on and were just fine, but I was shivering the whole time). we were the only souls there-- so fun to have the place to ourselves for a bit! amelia always loves the wooden playsets, both girls loved the corn pit, and I especially hate the corn maze at cornbelly's (so stressful to be lost with your kiddos!)! we were so lucky to be invited by michelle-- usually cornbelly's is so pricey! it was worth the $6 for such a fun morning with my babes!




 (scarlett girl loves her daddy!)


we love scheel's! they put on such a fun scavenger/trick-or-treating event for the community, and amelia was so excited to participate in the all the treats (not so much the trick of picking a bug out of slime, though!) and ride the ferris wheel with her kohen and "steal the ball" from the soccer player statue outside. so glad we got one last trick-or-treat practice in before the real deal!


apple-picking at ah-ma and ah-gong's on halloween!





holidays are so so so so much better with kiddos. this halloween made my heart so happy! amelia constantly makes us laugh and my heart swells to see her vivacious personality shine.

a few of my favorite memories:

-I told amelia we were approaching our bishop's house, and she told me, "this isn't the bishop's house! he lives at church!" he also had chairs along his driveway, a fire pit, and hot chocolate! we love the millers!

-so many people telling amelia to take extra candy because she was so cute!

-a man told amelia she could take an extra piece of candy between she had the best costume he had seen all night. she took the piece, and as she was walking away with me, she loudly/innocently says, "that guy is bald just like daddy!"

-seeing her friends along our trick-or-treat route. none of them were home when we went to their houses!

-said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at every door (practice makes perfect), but didn't want to talk to anyone who asked her about her costume.

-whenever anyone said, "take an extra piece for your baby sister (most of the time they said brother...)" she would take one and put it in scarlett's bucket in the stroller basket for her. love my honest, sweet girl!

-scarlett yelling "uh oh!" all night long!

-we were spooked by a guy hiding in a coffin, and amelia kept saying "I didn't like that silly guy that was hiding and scared me!"

-we came home and watched a daniel tiger (it was the "thank you" episode, a perfect segway into our november holiday, yeah!?) in between passing out candy. amelia would yell out, "JUST WAIT, I'M COMING!!" to the trick-or-treaters as she ran up the hallway to great them.

we loved trick-or-treating and seeing all of our friends. we are so blessed to live in such a family-oriented community! It was amazing to see all the decorated homes and the dedicated parents and our streets filled with children. it takes a village, ya know!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment