Saturday, December 25, 2010

crafts much?

it's christmas. and it's been a great day. a great couple of days. :) it never ceases to awe me how Jer keeps surprising me with everything. yes, I married the love of my life. keeps me on my toes and in love. :)

okay, so everyone who knows me well, knows that I love crafts. I love doing things with my hand... knitting, crocheting, gluing, arts, pottery, etc. etc. so recently I developed a new interest in plaques. yes, strange as it sounds... yes. plaques. so anyway, I felt like making plaques for the family as a Christmas gift. I was pretty excited when I started off... but as time when on and it didn't seem like I was ever going to be done and I couldn't talk to anyone about it (except Jeremy), I got more and more frustrated (like I do with all crafts that take too long).

so here's just a quick overview of the process:

Jeremy helped me sneakily obtain scrap pieces of boards late one night, and the very exciting craft project began! I ripped up pieces of old notebook paper and glued them on all of these boards.


then spray paint (of course) came in the picture. I really do love this blue. However, Jeremy didn't really like it that it was done in our kitchen haha. it's okay, it made us both realize that I need a concrete crafts room in our dream home. :)


 then came the writing. I went through 3 different black sharpies to write on these boards. the Chinese character is a symbol for "love." (for my parents, if you didn't catch the drift haha). I also asked all the couples (well girls) on Jer's side what their song with their hubby was.


Collette and Travis's was "You and I" but Ingrid. one of my favorites :)


I got pretty frustrated with all of this work and had to take a lot of pictures in between. so hence... all of these pictures. Randy and Julie's was "If you leave me now" by Peter Cetera. Josh and Emily's was "this kiss" by Faith. Melissa Ann didn't give me one, so I put one of my favorite love song lyric for them... "faithfully" by Journey. and Kellen and Melissa's was "Smother Me" by the Used. the last empty square on the bottom was suppose to be ours. but, as I said... I was pretty exhausted. There was many double trips to the stores, and mod podge is now officially NOT my favorite thing to do.


I also made one for one of my best friends, Jessica and her boy Aaron. and their song is "untitled" by interpol. yes, this was also one of my favorites.


this was my parents and xmas eve. :)


Jeremy helped drilled holes in all of the plaques and I put ribbon through them...


and here they are all wrapped for the cute fam!


the end! well, now I know next time I embark on a craft like this, to plan for more time. I seriously finished wrapping these the night before Christmas!!

anyways. more about our Christmas to come!
love love love.

ps. merry xmas!

2 comments:

  1. Liana. we love our gift but we didn't know where the quote came from out of our song..
    because that is not our song!!! lol
    I promise I told you what it was... "look what I found" by Chris Cagle!
    but we do love the song smother me :) so we are hanging it up!
    hahahahahahahaha so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) nice work on the crafts and the blogging about it.

    we love ours!

    ReplyDelete