Wednesday, December 29, 2010

so a funny prank was played on me the other day... *a mysterious someone* posted "guess what, I'm PREGNANT" as my facebook status. as hilarious as this was, it got me thinking about the way we as humans interact. It's crazy how many texts and comments I got within a half hour of that being posted. It just seems like everyone was telling me how excited they were and forgetting a few little details that they may or may not have considered...

Granted, yes, having a baby, no matter what, is going to be a huge blessing. But at the same time, anyone who knows me knows that I have a plan for everything. Jeremy and I had "a plan" even before we got engaged. We're both high-stressed people about being good parents. and yes, we would be worried about our abilities with neither of us having a real job, just renting, no insurance. yes, I got married young, but I didn't get married without thinking things through. Yes, somedays I hold family babies or play with toddlers and I can't help but feel my heartstrings tugging for little ones. and yes, it sounds crazy. and I know Jeremy feels it sometimes too. but we always always take a step back and remember our "what ifs"

so for final clarification. we are not having a baby (yet)!! We didn't get married just to have a baby, and we did not get married because I was already pregnant. I feel like all the recent newlywed couples around me get asked about babies all too soon. and if you say you want to wait, then Oh my land, you seem like this awful child-hating prude or something. and it just seems to me that we are all traveling down our little journeys criss-crossing, and we all want different things, and we all have different plans. In our case, yes, Jeremy and I do want me to finish nursing school and get my license before we start trying. simple as that.

and one last thing. I would NEVER post something like that over facebook. Jeremy and I would know for 3 months before we tell anyone, and then we'd tell family. and then maybe I'd post something on facebook. I just felt like a lot of people see someone else's status about something really serious and just take it to the extreme and freak out about it. and I also feel like a lot of super personal things are discussed on facebook that shouldn't be. yes, I'm I know I'm guilty of it too.

My thoughts are really jumbled in this post, so I apologize for that. I think I'm just still trying to figure out the way people think and all the reasonings behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment