Monday, January 16, 2012

18

welcome to week 18:


This week was just a teensy bit extra exciting, because we got to find out the sex of our baby!! I am dressed in pink (yes, just with my scarf) to celebrate the verdict of my baby GIRL! Jeremy and I were convinced I was growing a boy from the beginning! When the doc was showing us the angle between the legs on the ultrasound, I remember thinking where is his penis? ...Is it a girl??? and then out loud l stuttered, "It's a girl!" My cute doctor is so mellow and calm and said, "you are... correct!"

My girl is a bit of a kicker. When we were listening her heartbeat 2 appointments ago through the doppler, you could just hear these BAMs that dominated her steady beat. She was kicking like crazy in there! and she just kicks harder when I laughed! This morning, I put Jeremy's hand to my belly and ask if he felt it. He thinks he might have felt her. That was exciting enough for me. I hear it only gets stronger, and I can't wait!

As you can see by my posted picture, I am popping OUT! This picture was taken before dinner too (as we all know, your tummy looks bigger after food, whether or not you're pregnant). I'm still working on my complex of gaining weight and showing off my gut-looking belly. and please don't misunderstand, I love this girl with all my heart. It's just so different seeing the numbers on the scale go up.

On friday, after the ultrasound, my mother in law invited the extended family over for a cake cutting party to share the verdict (this is why it wasn't posted on facebook right away). My baby girl is so loved!!! We received so much support just to cut a pink cake! 52 wonderful people showed up to love you, millie ray!

thanks to my wonderful sister in laws (c. charles & m. robbins) for the following pictures:

honestly, aren't we the cutest? haha

so, because there was so little time between the ultrasound and the party, there were two cakes ordered, one with blue filling and one with pink.
The running joke was the we would cut the wrong cake and had to be "oh just kidding! it's really a girl!"
anyways, I was whispering to Jer that we had to cut the the brown cake (which had the pink filling in it)
...but it was not clicking in his head with all the commotion.

anyways... this was everyone's reaction!!!
please note, our cute Brad, who is just so excited because he had correctly guessed girl!!!


collette and travis :)

my cute second dad, trying to see the ultrasound. haha

with Jeremy's grandma Allred!


grandparents of amelia.

the bump!

it's a she!

parents and grents.
note that Julie was the only one who guessed girl!!

My parents!

Kellen and Melissa
apparently kellen was wearing blue, but he was so ashamed that he was wrong, and just had to change.

anyways, it was so great being loved and shown so much support for our cute baby. Thank you to everyone who came and thank you to those who helped plan the party and made it so fun! I love you all!

xo

1 comment:

  1. every picture of randy is the best. i know it's scary to see numbers go up instead of down and i'm sure it doesn't help whenever we say, it's supposed to be going up, but just know that you are BEAUTIFUL and that baby bump only enhances it. seriously. it's hard not to compare yourself to others, but other pregos are prolly looking at you and wishing they looked so good. i love you.

    ReplyDelete