Saturday, June 2, 2012

38


didn't think we'd make it,
but I guess we did.

I've been spending my days in lounge wear,
and wondering what I'm forgetting.
(I must be forgetting something if she's not here yet).
all the while, still walking and walking.

we had an intense night on memorial day.
2 hours of contractions:
3 minutes apart, lasting for an average of a minute each.
almost went into the hospital,
but decided to take a bath first.
BAM. contractions just stopped.

haven't had anything patterned since then.
my wednesday checkup confirmed that I'm still making progress,
but my hopes of her coming this weekend are definitely diminishing.

in the meantime,
my legs and hands are still swelling,
my stretchmarks are growing,
my patience wears thinner and thinner as it grows hotter and hotter,
and I've been filling my time with idle crafts around the house.

one of these days we'll get to meet miss amelia.
one of these days, I will be a mommy.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great! She'll come out when she's all done cooking! Love you and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete