Friday, July 13, 2012

5 weeks old

amelia is 5 weeks old today.

notes:

- I love watching her sleep. it's incredible to think about all the tiny organs funtioning perfectly inside her.

- I want to nibble on her chubby cheeks all the time.

- it drives her nuts when Jeremy and I kiss her to pieces.

- we have mastered bottled feeding. we can now officially have babysitters! also, I have discovered the greatness of nursing in bed.

- everyone always tells me that she has the most expressions they have ever seen on a baby. it's true! she has had attitude since she was in the womb! it never gets old.

- she has lost the top part of her hair, and now looks like a balding old man. a very cute balding, old man that is.

- she grew out of newborn diapers this week. and her newborn clothes are starting to become tight.

- exhaustion is a constant now, but I'm getting use to the random spurts of energy I get. it's incredible, I feel like I'm a teenager again.

- falling asleep with her on top of me is the best. we love our naps together.

- she has a habit of fussing and kicking me until I get out of my queen sized bed. so she can have the entire thing to herself (spoiled).

- I usually don't get to eat breakfast until 10 am, even though we're usually up by 7.

- sometimes she goes from being sound asleep to screaming her head off uncontrollably. we think she has nightmares?

- she is getting to be more alert during the day, and sleep longer during the night.

- I still wake up to every little noise she makes.

- her crying is still the cutest thing.

- and her big eyes. I love her big eyes.

- she has rolled over twice more from tummy to back. and she can support most of her weight when she stand her up.

- we can't wait for her nursery to be done!

- sometimes I threaten that she won't get any siblings if she doesn't stop crying. Jeremy thinks it's funny.

- she hates not being held. especially she is awake. held: not crying; not held: screaming. any tips?

- I giggle everytime she lets out a long toot or huge burp.

- she has long strands of sneezes, like 5 or 6 at a time. she got that from me.

- I love that she looks like a burrito in her swaddle me.

- She has a deathgrip in her tiny fists when she is nursing.

- I love her "zoombie arms" when she is dead asleep. :)

- I still can't believe what a miracle she is!

-

2 comments:

  1. Not that I'm a parent or anything but my mom always says that that means they just need to feel more snug. Maybe try to swaddle her. I know it's super hot these days so maybe just a really light blanket. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh the luxury that is nursing in bed... seriously the best! and ditto to the breakfast thing, goodness it's time consuming to take care of a babe! as far as the loves to be held thing, you could try a baby carrier! we've got a moby that keeps your babe close to you, nice and strapped in. that could help?!

    ReplyDelete