Monday, March 4, 2013

my body

Yesterday was fast and testimony Sunday. and there was definitely a clear theme.
Sacrament started with a beautiful baby blessing, where the baby girl was blessed with many things, including an able body and and a grateful heart to apprieciate it.

A young man stood up and told us about his younger sister who had been losing weight and had not been feeling well for weeks. Turns out she has been hyperglycemic for a while, likely has type 1 diabetes, and was lucky to have caught this before an incident had occured.

My friend stood up and shared that her daughter, who just got married and moved to Germany four short months ago, discovered that her brain tumor had grew back.

The closing testimony was bore by a lady who is older. I don't know what she has, but she has been sick on and off for a long time, and always carries a portable oxygen tank. She pointed out how we were given able bodies, and how blessed we are.

BAM. straight to the heart.
I've been kind of obsessed with my body lately. okay, for a long time. I weigh myself at least times 5-6 times a day. I get paranoid when I don't run, and I stress about it when I do homework, sleep, work, etc. I didn't want to eat two months into having a baby because the weight wasn't coming off. I look through pictures of skinny girls and make myself cry. Last september-december, I was throwing up consistently (unintentionally), and I was relieved. It's sick, I know. I am my own worst critic.

This testimony meeting led to tears in my eyes. Because, really, I needed it. It reminded me of things I should already know. I have a perfect, able body. I have hands that can serve others. I have legs that can run and not grow weary, and walk and not be faint. I have a mind that can think, eyes that can see good in others, ears, nose, voice, sensations all intact. I have a heart that can love, lips that can kiss, vital organs that function. I have a body able to bear healthy children, a body that can feed my baby.

I am so grateful for my body, for all that is does.
I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Liana! Tell me when you are struggling! You are beautiful! And amazing. And smart. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and being so honest! I think you are the cutest and have a great body! We all struggle with different things in life. I'm glad you got such clarity and new perspective on Sunday =) Something we all need from time to time.

    ReplyDelete