Wednesday, October 9, 2013

three years

Yesterday was our three year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's already been three years, and I can't believe it's only been three years. We celebrated by serving as proxies for sealings at the Salt Lake Temple. I got pretty emotional seeing other couples who couldn't even physically kneel across the altar, but were still diligently attending the temple weekly. Everyone there had been married for 45+ years; we were just babies. The sealer gave us, the proxies, and those who have passed on, some inspiring instruction. One couple was having a bad day, they had been married for 48 years, they mentioned eternity is a long, looooooooooooooooong time. The sealer responded that husbands need that time to perfect themselves to be worthy of their wives. Jeremy squeezed my hand three times fast, three times fast for "I love you." Gosh, you guys, marriage is hard. This session did put things in perspective for me: at the end of the day, that extra dish in the sink won't matter; at the end of the day, laundry sitting around and dirty floors won't matter; at the end of the day, the basement not getting finished won't matter. At the end of the day, it's just me and my mister, and the way it feels being wrapped up in his arms.


Eternity sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

PS. We also went to the Melting Pot, for both of ours' first times. I totally understand what the hype is all about.

xo


1 year
2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment