Monday, May 12, 2014

mothers' day

I think you know, motherhood has been the highest and holiest calling I've ever had. It's the best and hardest thing I've ever done. I've never loved or laughed or cried or grew quite like I do as mother. I constantly reflect on what kind of a mother I am and what kind of a mother I want to be and what kind of a mother I want my child(ren) to remember. I love her (and them) so very much. I hope I'm the type of mother Heavenly Father wants me to be.

For Mothers' Day, I just didn't want to cook or clean. Jeremy cleaned the entire house, vacuumed, scrubbed the stove, did the dishes (hallelujah!) and prepared additional lovely surprises that makes a mama like me melt. 

We went to visit our moms and tell them how much we loved them and appreciated them. We gave them giant cards with our handprints and potted yellow lilies. Simple, but from the heart! We're so grateful for their love, patience, and example in our lives.

I feel so blessed and grateful to be trusted with this responsibility.
I just love this chapter in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment