Sunday, April 5, 2015

4/5//


Happy Easter Sunday! We spent most of this day in our pajamas because it was general conference.

I took notes for the morning session (not the afternoon session... I'm embarrassed to admit that I got cozy and took a nap. :/). I noticed a trend between the talks... members who had lost their testimonies, anchoring your faith into simple truths, and the sacrifice of our savior. I was a little teary, since I have been struggling with many of my close friends leaving the church. My scripture knowledge is pretty shallow, and with my studying has waned with this busy life of young motherhood, My testimony is simple, and I am happy with my little forever family. Still, my heart is heavy and I'm grateful these talks are so individualized for each of us. I wish I could tell you I had a favorite talk. I really loved Elder Geraold Causse's plead to never tire of discovering the truth, anchor faith into simple truths, and seek companionship of the Holy Ghost. Of course, I always love hearing Elder Holland speak-- "he grabbed me, he held me, he refused to let me fall" a quote about two brothers, one's near death experience, and the other's silent actions to save him. I wish I could had written down the parallel quote of our brother and savior (mommy duties). All the more reason to find the talk and re-read it later, I guess. Finally, Elder Uchtdorf's talk about Heavenly Father's perfect love for us. I'm so grateful for this Easter Sunday and the promise to live with Him again. I am blessed because of Christ's atonement!


No comments:

Post a Comment