Sunday, April 5, 2015

easter sunday











amelia's typical lunch and dinner, why am i not surprised?

the bigger bunny's name is amelia, and my amelia thinks thinks the little bunny's name is scarlett. :) (but it's actually susanna :( )




love the way scarlett is staring at amelia.

I say this every holiday, but they are so much more special with kids! We tried not to go nuts this Easter, but we sorta went a little nuts. Luckily, I still remembered a book about Christ and an "empty tomb" for each girl. the girls loved their new kitchen utensils and played all morning! (yes, even scarlett loved just holding her allotted one spoon and cup). While Jer hid the hard-boiled eggs we dyed, I talked to the girls about Jesus and His sacrifice and His love for us. Amelia said, "okay, mom" when I finished. I laughed. I fully believe in continuous teaching in all aspects because little humans just absorb everything. I sometimes just wonder if she thinks I'm absolutely nuts (probably).

We watched conference and then took the girls to the park for lunch. Amelia sobbed when we went home to take a nap (ah, love this toddler stage. so much). Jeremy and I watched/napped through the afternoon session before getting the girls dressed for Sunday dinner at the Bodtchers. (Jeremy's mom gets Easter dresses for the girls, and I was a little bummed we didn't have church this Sunday. Still, we dressed up just for the egg hunt)



love my scarlett girl


(thanks emily, for these beautiful pictures!)






whenever i ask amelia, "what do you say for the camera?" she yells, "CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!" but doesn't necessarily smile...


I'm grateful for the Easter promise. I love spring and focusing my Savior's sacrifice. It was perfect that conference weekend coincided with Easter this year, as it allowed to think about how I can improve and renew myself. I'm so blessed (not lucky) in so many ways. In my day-to-day life, I'm exhausted and impatient and broken. I pray often to just get through the day, hour, minutes. But still, I grew these little humans and nourished them and teach them and they make me so very happy (and crazy too!). I'm so blessed and so loved!

Hope your Easter was just wonderful.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment