Wednesday, February 1, 2012

20

dear amelia ray,

today is the last day of our week 20, so I figured I better blog about it. amazing, right? twenty weeks! You are just creating a new definition of love all by yourself. I can barely stand it bursting between us. I can feel you kick on a daily basis now. On Monday, you wouldn't stop. I was volunteering at the Family Support Center and I could just feel your thump... thump... thump... it didn't matter if I was sitting down or moving around. you are just a kicker! and I can just tell you love waking up at 4:30 am with me, I just imagine you being furious with all kicking in there. sorry babe, momma's gotta go to clinicals and prove to you how important a college education is.


Here's the two of us. it makes me a little nervous to see how fast you are growing! (or how fast I am growing). We had our 20 week ultrasound this week, and aren't a perfect little angel?



I thought for sure my favorite part was going to be seeing your heart again. (just look at those 4 beautifully beating chambers!!!!)


but in the end... it had to be you just slowly opening your mouth. You were quite the stubborn one (took after your daddy), head in my bladder, not moving and hiding your face behind your arms the entire ultrasound... so glad you came around. being there just holding your dad's hand and seeing you grow so big easily made my month. easily.

ps. if I didn't mention that you are loved? you are!


your Aunt Melissa Ann brought over that cute elephant picture frame just for you. no words, except... you are loved! and your daddy bought us those beautiful long-stemmed pink roses. :)


Your grandma Bodtcher and aunt melissa jane bought these outfits for you to come home in. the one I am holding has elephants  all over and reads "I love mommy" (because you sure do!) and that one that your dad is holding says "daddy's little princess." it's perfect because he always calls me "princess" when he thinks I'm acting "spoiled," which I'm sure you'll inherit from me. :) you little princess!


isn't that just the cutest Sunday outfit you ever did see? You are going to be the best dressed baby in the universe! I have these hanging up in the kitchen to remind me of you everyday. I just cry thinking of you being big enough to fill these clothes!!!

You are just my favorite! and I love you so so so much. forever and ever and always.

1 comment:

  1. way to get that college education and be a good example. you are a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete