Thursday, February 23, 2012

valentines

I just realized that I never blogged about valentines. I read about all of yours and smiled as my heart swelled with excitement about your love for your partner and your gifts and your lovely day/evening. valentines day is so wonderful, as is any day to celebrate love. I think my good friend jessica says it best- there's not enough time to celebrate your love in just one day.

true love isn't measured by a perfect day. or the most luxurious gift, or the most expensive dinner, or best surprise. true love is when you can't spend a day apart not missing each other. it's when you come home to dinner and pink roses waiting after a long day. it's when you worry. it's when you can fall asleep and wake up holding the man you love. it's when you sing ridiculously loud and obnoxious-like and make annoying accents and ruin the night with terrible gas and still laugh about it. it's when you kiss after a huge fight. it's when you tell every stranger you meet together that you're pregnant when you're only 6 weeks along, because you can't spill the beans anywhere else. it's when a awkward haircut makes you love him more. it's in all those tiny moments you realize that your love is bigger than you can possibly imagine. it's infinite.

This year, Jeremy and I spent our valentines evening doing our taxes, in our scrubs. we went to the grocery store and laughed at all the men we saw running to the floral and card section. we dined at zupas, the only place that satisfies my cravings lately, even though jer's not a big fan. and we went to bed early because I had to wake up at 04:30 for clincals the next day. simple, ordinary events on a day that made me grateful for the best man I know. my day was perfect, complete with a homemade heart-shaped card and a new wedding band because my ring finger is a little swollen from being pregnant.

I do love perfect evenings that are perfectly planned with flowers and dinner and a hotel room, but this valentines I am grateful for my fairytale happily ever after. I am so grateful to have a husband that is great to me on valentines day and every other day of the year. here's to true love, and everybody who has been an example to us of it.

so jeremy ray, here's to us, for our true love. here's to one last valentines, just the two of us.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love this and agree to the hundredth degree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahw you two are the cutest :) great writing, as always. love!!

    ReplyDelete