Monday, February 27, 2012

{22.23.24}

dear amelia ray,

the last 3 weeks have been just the tiniest bit havoc.


for week 22,
your daddy and i celebrated valentines day early,
and talked about how next year we're going to bring you to park city with us
and build a cute snowman family.
we talked about how there is only 4 months left before you get here,
and how beautiful and sweet you will be.
we talked about me not working so hard because of how it affects you.
we talked about how much we love you.

That was the week where I was on my feet for 48 hours and almost passed out doing wound care.
That was the week your aunt denise came by and dropped off adorable clothes and lots of baby items for you.
I think you heard aliya crying too- you'll already have a friend waiting for you when you get here.
That was the week we had your doctor's appointment, finding out you measuring up to size with perfectly growing organs.


for week 23,
we went to a baby's blessing for your second cousin, brendan.
I think people are starting to notice how much I eat, and I really don't mind too much (since I don't feel you complaining...)
I had a rather easy week in terms of school scheduling,
but we studied for a massive exam together.
(yes, I know it was you making me exhausted everytime I read out loud to you.)
turns out, we make a pretty amazing team- scores we posted, we did great.

Your aunts and I had a girls night, we each brought an item for dinner (some prepared more than others... ie. I slaved an entire afternoon for delicous breadsticks, and also found olive garden bags to bring them in...). we watched "food, inc," which was an amazing documentary, and discussed public schools polices that made me nervous on how to raise you.
your dad had a "boy's night" with your uncles. planned last minute, of course. they had dinner, and watched... gold mine?

This was the week that I lost confidence after I missed 2 iv's (in a plastic arm).
This was the week your aunt emily and her girls came to visit.
This is the week that I watched 4 episodes of a certain show instead of studying.


week 24, has just barely started...
but like always, you and i are busy busy busy.

this week I found out that I will probably not be getting a good night's rest for the next four months.
so far, i have been waking up every hour, every night to readjust because of cramping,
i have had massive headaches,
your kicks are stronger than ever.
(and your dad is sooooo excited he got to feel some of them).

your dad and I spoke in sacrament meeting this sunday.
(sorry for the hyperventilating and tachycardia).
I got to share my testimony to a big group of people for the first time since my baptism almost 2 years ago.
and your daddy shared about how much he loves you and wishes you'd get here sooner.
he loves you so much he sang three different primary songs to you last night.

it was a pretty great sunday.

don't you ever forget how loved you are.

xoxo,
mommy.

3 comments:

  1. Liana -
    What a cute preggo lady you make! I loved reading your notes to your baby. So sweet - what a good idea.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm so glad to hear my experiences can help encourage other women! I wish you the best in the rest of your pregnancy, and I'll be sure to check up on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing a baby and going to school if fifty times harder than it sounds (and it sounds pretty dang hard)... hang in there, you're doing great! And you're bump is sooo very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahw cute.

    liana, take it easy girl!! no passing out!!

    i love you and amelia ray. oh and jer too i guess. :)

    ReplyDelete