Sunday, December 16, 2012

knowing

the church is true.

you know?

going to church every sunday by myself with a baby is kinda rough. you never know what kind of trouble her smart little mind is going to conjure up- bipolar mood swings, temper tantrums, random extra feedings, loudly talking through the sacrament blessing, diaper blowouts, trying out new tricks, throwing her body everywhere, throwing up everywhere, pulling up my dress/skirt, trying to nurse when I'm fully clothed so it leaves a stain, etc. etc. etc. it's just really hard without someone to help out, you know? needless to say, you don't get to hear very much the three hours you spend trying to wrestle your baby.

I've been praying every week that I don't go inactive. no really, you think I'm joking, but I'm not. somehow every week, my prayers are answered and I hear something I really needed to hear. the first week was how the pure spirits of children really contribute to the holy sabbath, that even if you're not hearing every single message, at least you're coming to church and feeling the spirit, and setting an example for your kids. fast sunday this month, someone bore their testimony on forgiveness. which I needed so badly, because my anger with someone in  my past has been tearing me apart. last week, a lesson was given on service. Christ-like service during christmas time, and what we should really be focusing on. this week in sacrament, a speaker had all the new mothers stand. we all knew each other from the mother's room, our special bond of young mothers. the speaker recognized us, and reminded us of our little babies, their pure little spirits, a little piece of Heaven we have in our arms.

there hasn't been a sunday since I started going alone where I didn't tear up from a lesson. maybe it's my raging post-partum hormones. or maybe this little angel I carry with me that enhances the holy spirit around me. she has taught me so much. about motherhood, patience, the gospel, love, giving, kindness, about everything.

today, for the first time, we sat through all three meetings, all three hours, together. can you believe it? I almost couldn't. next week, I get to have my handsome Jeremy with me in church, just in time for Christmas. when we start the new year in three weeks, we go to 1 'o clock church, and I'll get Jeremy every week. so we made it, I didn't go inactive. He really does listen when we pray.



my sister was in the hospital at 28 weeks pregnant with consistant, hard contractions. I had a pretty emotional week praying for them. I asked all my friends to pray for her and her little family. just when I thought they were in the clear, her water breaks. but little Kohen is so strong! off this ventilator, off oxygen, passed his birthweight well before two weeks, perfect brain scans. but how could he not, with half the nursing program at the U praying for him.

Also, one of my really good friends, Christie left for Mexico to be with her husband during Christmas break. her cute husband just got baptized and became a member of the lds church this last saturday. my eyes just water up looking at that picture of their little family, Ger in white, knowing that families are forever.


see? examples are everywhere. at least for me.

this church is true.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I'm so glad that Jeremy gets to come to church with you, again. Little Amelia is very lucky to have you as her mom.

    ReplyDelete