Tuesday, May 27, 2014

yellowstone for memorial day weekend

Sorry in advance for the picture overload,
there are some words here and there if you're interested too!



still can't believe we got such a good picture. self-timed too!

Jeremy was showing me the distance between us and a prospective restaurant. He gave me a look after I snapped this photo, haha!

Amelia kept carrying around this plastic duck all weekend long, it was killing us. She would give it kisses, and say "night night duck!" and try to sneak it in her pack 'n play too!

we saw these three bears on the way to yellowstone. It was all the rage.





Jeremy thinks it's funny to take a picture of me with anything asian-related.


old faithful steaming in the background







hi there!



Amelia wanting to get closer to the 'fa-lo!"

Jeremy put down some big bucks to get her a tiny stuffed souvenir without batting an eye. It melts me how much he spoils her.

The story behind this photo-booth strip is hilarious. This was the only souvenir I wanted, so Jeremy obliged. Amelia was not having it, and obviously did not want to be in the last photo. I said to Jeremy, "I guess just make the face you would make if our daughter disappeared!" When the photo strip printed, I took one look at the photo and started cracking up. Jeremy said, "I didn't mishear you..." BAHAHAHA I was dying for an hour, and still am. Had to write it down here so I'll never forget.



note that Amelia is in a different outfit? blowout.
prepared parents for the win!

teton mountains


I love it when she's wrapped up and cuddly after her bath. easily my favorite time of the day. It doesn't look like it here, but she loves me too! (sometimes)


We stayed in Jackson Hole and traveled to Yellowstone National Park for the weekend. You guys, traveling with a toddler is stressful! But let's not emphasize on the negatives, as all you moms already know this story. Instead let's talk about how Jeremy had a whole extra day off from work. How we got to sleep in every day. How we ate out so much and didn't have to worry about cooking. (I was still in a panic about the situation with Amelia's green smoothies. ha! I know I'm such a nut case). How much fun it was to hike and be one with nature. I wasn't feeling amazing during the trip, and Jeremy just pampered me the whole time. I'm so grateful to go on a mini vacation with my little family and remember why we started this journey! Sometimes, I feel like we get lost in work and grocery shopping and cleaning and cooking and etc. etc., it's nice to take a break and relish on secluded, carefree time with each other. I love my babes!

I'm also grateful for our armed forces, those serving, those who have served, and those who have died for my freedom. I hope I'm able to teach my children to be patriotic and love the USA and those who defend it.

Hope your Memorial Day was excellent!
xo

1 comment:

  1. haha so funny Jeremy makes you take pictures by Asian things. Kills me. Looks like fun!! Way to be adventurous!

    ReplyDelete