Friday, August 15, 2014

18/19/20

Dear Scarlett,

We are slowly preparing for your arrival.
Week 18 is the week big sis Amelia switched to a toddler bed. Nobody is really getting sleep around here anymore.
This is the week I started feeling you kick every single day. Thank you for your sweet reminder every day!
This is the week that we were offered a job on a labor and delivery unit, and Daddy helped me remember my dream job is to be a Mommy.
This is the week we filled our zofran prescription.

Week 19 is the week mommy started falling in love with her new job on the mom-baby unit.
We love spending our free time in the nursery (anywhere between 2 and 5 am), helping nursery nurse and CNA hold and feed sweet babies while moms and dads sleep. You like to kick the babes.
I also like to check fetal heart tones on you when I'm feeling nervous, how convenient we have dopplers lying around the entire unit right?
This is the week that big sis Amelia started preschool. She loves to learn, and I'm sure she'll share the joy of curiosity with you. In the meantime, you and I get a little nap and a little extra time to clean two days a week.
Week 20 is the week Daddy felt you kick for the first time!
He loves you so so much. My heart swells because he is such a good father and you will have the perfect example of what to look for in a man. Daddy, Amelia and I spent our Sunday afternoon feeding ducks, walking around the temple, playing at Country Crossing Park, making and eating cinnamon rolls. All plans by Daddy! I couldn't help but feel so blessed sitting with you, watching him and Amelia play. We are three lucky girls!
This is the week Mommy finished orientation and started working on the floor on her own (with you, of course). Bear with me as we run around all night making sure these moms and babies are taken care of.
This is the week we filled our phenergan prescription. and started to feel better.
I love you so so so so much. forever and always.
Mom

2 comments:

  1. YES. because meds are the BEST. and you are incredible. so. incredible. you inspire me!!! love you sweet girl. keep at it. so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SO CUTE!! That striped dress is killer!

    ReplyDelete