Monday, August 25, 2014

21

dear scarlett,


we've had an eventful week:

daddy took off early from work so we could go to the ogden utah temple open house on tuesday. it was so beautiful, on the inside and the out. amelia was so excited-- she sang "the temple song" while we were inside and also tried to climb in the baptismal font! we hope you will be just as excited about the temple one day. daddy and i have been to FOUR different temple open houses in just the span of a few years- draper, oquirrh mountain, brigham, and now ogden. we are so lucky to live in a place where temples are so bountiful and available! I hope to one day take you through a temple open house so you can feel the strong spirit for yourself. :)

we had our first on-call shift on wednesday. I was so excited I wasn't called in at 7 pm, and definitely thought i was off the hook. unfortunately, we got called in at 11 for the remaining eight hours. four shifts a week is definitely a bummer, I think maybe that's why we were more pukey this week? at least the shift was easy, and at least imc makes it worth it with premium pay.

the envision (daddy's work) barbeque was penciled in for thursday evening. I think daddy was excited to show us off a little. only a little bummer that we got sick right before, and daddy got us some tomato basil soup from village baker instead. daddy also let us take a nice little nap before bedtime too (love him).

this week, I started working on halloween costumes! amelia will be hedwig the owl, and daddy and we will be coordinating harry potter characters! halloween is definitely one of those "mom holidays" --it didn't mean a whole lot to me when I was younger, but I sure love celebrating now that I have you babes! I wonder how long I'll get able to get away with matching family costumes... hopefully you girls will humor me for a few more years!

seeing you at your anatomy ultrasound was easily the best part of my week. the moment I saw your sweet profile, spine, stomach, heart, ears, legs, hands, feet, I was reminded of how lucky I was to be growing you. as I was watching the four chambers of your heart pumping blood, I started tearing up thinking about what a miracle you are-- even down to your tiny little organs. all because daddy and I loved each other so much. I felt so blessed to have daddy holding my hand while we watched you kick and roll. the ultrasound technican mentioned it's clear why I can feel movement all the time-- you're a crazy little baby, just like your big sister!

I can't believe we're over halfway done cooking you-- the days are long, but the weeks are flying by.
I can't wait to meet you and smell you and kiss your sweet cheeks.
I love you so,
mom


No comments:

Post a Comment