Monday, May 1, 2017

30

dear evelyn,

we're 30 weeks and i'm feeling it! i'm constantly waddling, mostly because i'm aching in most of my lower extremities and i sorta just feel like sitting on the couch most of the day. dr. thackeray called today with my test results from our recent appointment-- all good news! negative fetal fibronecton, anti-c antibody titer still less than one, 1-hour glucose at 94 (normal is 140?), and iron within normal limits (for the first time in all of my pregnancies!). He told me we can stop the monthly titer draws for anti-c, because at this point you're probably safe from anemia, and also just resume my normal activities and just be cautious of and rest from my contractions. i know we're so lucky and i'm so grateful for such normal, uncomplicated results. ...................but... uterine irritability is no joke. it feels like the first two hours of induced labor... all. the. time. the contractions, though irregular, measure from 6-15 every hour, and they ache and disturb my entire day. i hate sounding like i'm ungrateful-- i'm so grateful that we don't have preterm labor, but i just sorta wish we didn't have uterine irritability either! we have under 10 weeks to go, and i'm anxious to meet you. i'm almost positive that your birthday will be July 7th or 8th, but i'd love for you to surprise us too.

daddy's guessing you'll be born:
july 7th @ 11:28
7 lbs 8 oz
20 inches
and completely bald

I'm guessing:
july 8th @ 12:00
7 lbs even
19 inches
head full of curly hair (just like your dad and amelia)

and my predictions are based solely on you measuring small at your 20-week anatomy ultrasound. it's okay, i'm sure you'll catch up!

my friend had her baby josephine today! her big sis penny and your big sis amelia are good friends, and i'm sure you two will be friends as well! so excited to meet you and mother you!

love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment