Tuesday, June 4, 2013

mom's day 2013

You may remember how much I love gardens, how romantic I think they are, and how I've always wanted my own. The week before this mother's day, Jeremy drove me to home depot to purchase lumber. Out of the blue, he had decided he was going to make me a planter box! He utilized those sexy arms to build on Monday and Tuesday. When he brought the box home, he painted it bright r e d for me. On Wednesday, he drove me to Glover's and helped me pick out  bell peppers, tomatoes and broccoli.

 


Isn't it beautiful? Amelia and I have incorporated watering these babies into our daily routine. She loves feeling the water sprinkle down and playing on our deck and carrying the empty waterer around. So far, we have found 1 tiny pepper (on the far left plant).


Being a mommy has been the greatest calling in life. I bet you hear that over and over, and if you're a mom, you know the truth for yourself. I never thought motherhood could be so fulfilling. It's all the little things, like her little lips, and her kissy noises; like her hands and fingers searching, touching, feeling with curiosity; like her hair, after a bath, or blowing in the wind; like her oohs and ahhs when a car passes, or when she yells, "DO! DO! DOOOOOO!" when a dog walks by; like her cuddles, and her exclamations, and her stubbornness; like her beautiful eyes, like when she says, "what is it?" when you hand her something. It goes on and on. I'm so grateful for my sweetheart who teaches, and loves, and is patient with me every day, I'm so grateful she chose me to be her mama, or MAM! (as she calls me these days). I'm also so grateful for her dada, who takes the time to encourage me, help me, spoil me, on top of working hard to support this family. He does the best thing for his daughter by loving her mother.

Mom's Day was great, we went to church, got to see both our moms, and both Jeremy's grandmoms. They all got cards, because we sure love them so. We're so grateful for all they do, and who we are because of them.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment