Monday, December 2, 2013

being thankful





I certainly do have a lot to be thankful for, and thanksgiving day, nor whole month of November would be long enough to count all my blessings. This is my favorite season, because regardless of how sad I may be about certain things, I always, always have something to be thankful for.

Here's a few items that top my list:
1// My husband, who puts me first and constantly, endlessly supports my dreams and just loves me for my crazy.
2// My baby girl, who is so full of life and happiness and attitude, who grows and teaches me and also just loves me unconditionally.
3// My bishiop, who listens and loves and devotes so much time to all of us.
4// Financial security. There is so much that comes with this... our home, heat, modern conveniences, food, internet/social media, phones, clothing, the ability to buy books and toys for Amelia, etc. etc. etc.
5// My education, and Jeremy's education. I feel so blessed that one of us is able to stay home with Amelia at all times.
6// My primary calling in church. I know, this sounds so ironic since I dreaded being called into primary last year. My kids make my Sundays. I have loved watching them grow and come out of their shells and tell me their dreams and secrets (one boy told me he (his mom) was having a baby). I love when they wave to me and love on Amelia. I just adore every single one of them and love them with all my heart! I tear up every week, knowing it's one less week I get them.
7// My testimony, knowing the church is true, for my Heavenly Father, even though I don't always understand the trials I am facing.
8// My extended family, who always loves and supports endlessly. I always feel so blessed that we have the greatest cheerleaders around.
9// My friends, who might as well be family, because they know me so well. I'm blessed that I have friends that I can call up and cry to about anything and they will love me unconditionally. You know who you are!
10// All my senses intact; there is so much beauty in this world!


We so loved visiting Jeremy's family for lunch and my family for dinner on Thanksgiving Day. So so grateful that we both had Thanksgiving night off from work. So happy for this season and for the blaring Christmas music all around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment