Tuesday, December 3, 2013

terrible case of monday, kind of


 
We kind of had a terrible case of Monday yesterday. I went to get Amelia from her nap, and she started jumping up and down in her crib as soon as I walked in, as always. It's the sweetest thing ever, because I'm so excited to see her too. The next series of events happened so quick: one second she was jumping, squealing with joy, the next she had slammed her face into her crib and was screeeeeeeeeaming and bawling. Oh, the moment I heard her face hit felt like it lasted 2 years, I may swore in my head repeatedly. It felt like it took forever for me to get her to stop crying and to get her nose to stop bleeding. We called Dad, because that always makes us feel better and was happy he would be home in an hour.
 
Next thing I know, Amelia had dumped the entire bag of popcorn out. Ah, it's these moments in motherhood when you feel like... well, you know. I asked Amelia to please not eat any popcorn and to help me put the pieces back into the bag. I was actually pleasantly surprised when she listened! I was so proud that I ended up giving her a piece, which she approved of indicated by her "mmmmm!" I'm lucky that I have such a good little helper.
 
 
Jeremy came home and we put up our tree for family home evening. Ah! Amelia was such a good helper at that too! Jeremy would hand Amelia an ornament, and she would hand it to me to hang on our tree, we had a sweet little assembly line going on. Gosh, Christmas makes every just amazing. Our little family couldn't be more excited!





No comments:

Post a Comment