Wednesday, December 11, 2013

nursery

 
Miss Amelia turned 18 months this last Sunday, and it was perfect for her very first day in nursery. Jeremy and I dropped her off together, and we were prepared to let her cry it out if needed. The nursery leaders pulled out the toys, and Amelia zipped away and never looked back. We watched outside the doorway for a few minutes and then went to our separate meetings. I peeked in after my primary class, before sharing time, and my heart just throbbed watching her sit in one of those kiddy chairs (they made her look tiny). Amelia looked right at me, and I totally ducked because I didn't want her to start crying. Jeremy told me he checked on her a couple of times as well. Guess she has us wrapped around her finger. When I went to pick her up, the nursery leaders told me that she didn't fuss once, that she was the best first-timer they've had in a while! My heart swelled with pride! (and also with wonder of what happened to my little mama's girl?) Can't believe our babe is all grown up! We will see what next week brings!

 
PS. I totally bribed her with some gummy vitamins so she would hold still for these pictures... HA! Nice faces, Amelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment