Thursday, December 12, 2013

the highest calling.


On Tuesday, we had a progressive dinner with the relief society of my ward. There were presentations of 'women who knew Christ.' It was incredibly spiritual, being with sisters of my ward. What touched me significantly was the appearance of the Mother of Mary. Wow, she's not mentioned much, is she? Or at all? (I don't know the scriptures as well as I wish I did.) It was her who comforted Mary when she cried; her, who picked her up when she fell; her, who taught her right from wrong; her, who taught her kindness, forgiveness, thankfulness; her, who loved her more than anyone else. It was Mary's mother who raised her and taught her and exemplified for her, so we could know her as the Virgin Mary. So she could be worthy enough to grow, carry, birth, and raise and exemplify for herself, the Son of God. My goodness, mothers are truly amazing. Truly, the highest calling on the earth. I'm grateful for my calling, I'm grateful for my baby and future babies, I'm grateful for this season and all that I'm blessed with.

2 comments:

  1. ooh. that's a good point. thank you for that thought..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't think of this at all. You are right: she is hardly mentioned, if not at all. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete