Tuesday, December 10, 2013

eighteen whole months

can't believe we have an eighteen month old. time flies. and I'm getting old.

my millie baby is 20.3 pounds (3%) and 31.4 inches tall (46%) and can do all sorts of tricky things.
she can point to her: eyes, ears, nose, tongue, head, hair, (belly) button, bum, shoulders, knees, and toes.
she signs: more, please, all done, and sometimes thank you (followed by blowing a kiss).
she can point to different animals and objects (sun, moon, clouds, etc) in a book.
she loves to read, her favorite book from the library is "where is my baby?"
she loves to dance
she throws tantrums in public places like there's no tomorrow.
she copies us: puts a q-tip to her ears, or grabs her own yogurt/closes the fridge/places it on the table, throws away garbage.
she loves opening/closing the garage door.
she loves to run/kick/play/talk/kiss.
she loves to give hugs with a running start (I love it, when her whole weight almost pushes me over).
her favorite words are: "uh oh!" "mommy" "daddy" and "no no no!" (we have been working on saying "uh oh" instead...)
she sleeps 12-14 hours at night, and naps once a day for about 2-4 hours.
she has been waking up in the morning and from naps more and more dry...
she has 13 teeth, 8 front, 4 molars, and 1 little incisor.
she's a good little eater and will always eat to, "only __ bites left!" (even if the number is 6); her favorites are clementines (craved those all the time when I was pregnant), grapes, grains, and strawberries, but she always finishes her meals without bribes now-a-days. Also taking 2 gummy vitamins a day, just for good measure!
she wears 12 months clothing, though I haven't put her 9 months away yet; and size 3 diapers.
she really understands us when we ask questions or make requests (can you help clean up please? can you throw this away for me? do you want to call daddy?)


seriously, every stage is my favorite stage, and this one is no exception.
even if I'm chasing her all day long, even if she says "no no no!" to me more than I'd like.
I just adore her, from the bottom of my heart.
I've said it before: my baby makes me want to have 2 million babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment