Wednesday, November 5, 2014

32

Dear Scarlett,

These days, I've been having dreams of labor quite often. We're that close! We've been contracting a lot lately, which means lots of warm baths for us. I spend a lot of time in the water wondering how you'll come into this world. Will your bag of waters break before labor starts? Will we contract heavily at home, and barely make it in time to the hospital? Will we make it past Christmas Day? I remember daydreaming of Amelia's delivery and birth and all the many different options-- and when it finally happened, it seemed to dawn on me, ah! but of course, how could it have happened any other way? I'm sure I'll feel the same way about your birth after you come to us. Somehow, I feel we will all look back at the end of our lives and think the same thing: how could it have happened any other way?

Mommy has lots of friends who have just told me they are pregnant. Aside from being overly excited they will be new moms or moms again (the best thing ever), my heart just swells a bit thinking you knew these little friends and your little spirits chose us and our families to join. It swells the same way thinking about how you knew me before this life, you knew me and you knew what kind of a mother I was before you joined our family, and you still choose us. I worry often about being the best kind of mother, and I keep hoping I won't let you down. I hope when you're grown and a mother yourself, you know that I tried my best. I love you, I love you so much, I can't wait to kiss you. I can't wait for you to be reunited with your best friend and sister. I can't wait for your daddy to hold you and cry. I just can't wait.

xo,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Seriously love your blog posts Liana dear =) They make me happy i'm a Mom! =) Even after a very tiring day. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete