Monday, November 24, 2014

35

Dear Scarlett,

We had an appointment with Dr. Thackeray today,
1.5 cm dilated and about 70% effaced.
We also scheduled an induction for December 29th (40.1 weeks),
so you'll be here in 35 days or less!
Daddy doesn't think you'll wait that long
and is convinced you'll come at 37 weeks on December 8th.
Millie asks everyday, "Is it Scarlett's birthday tonight?"
and starts singing happy birthday to you.
Needless to say, we're all excited for your arrival.

It's Thanksgiving on Thursday,
and I've been feeling so grateful all month for my two girls.
It's sometimes so overwhelming to be mother,
you're never really sure if you're doing it right,
and you're always second-guessing yourself,
and crying lots because all the other babies you know are potty-trained.
It's the hardest and best thing I've ever done.
Bringing children into this world
and trying my best in motherhood
is the most powerful thing I've done in my whole life,
I hope you know that

I hope you know that I love you
indescribably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment