Wednesday, November 19, 2014

34

Dear Scarlett,

We finished four night shifts in a row this Monday morning, and it was a killer... I'm relieved we made it through, and I'm grateful we only have 17 shifts left until your due date! Daddy took us on a date on Tuesday (Interstellar in IMAX-- matinee tickets on Tuesday are only $5, with our mini popcorns and drink totaled the whole date to be $13!). It was so loud in the theater, and you let me know you didn't appreciate it by rolling and stretching around the entire time. On Wednesday, I made us all matching Christmas jammy bottoms (shorts for Daddy, per request). Don't worry, you'll have a pair waiting for you in case you come early. :) We also celebrated the young women in the ward for their personal progress and the excellence in their lives. I just kept thinking of you and Amelia in Young Women Program, and the great influence I hope it brings to your lives. I hope you feel the love from your leaders as much as I love my young women right now. It's such a fun, spiritual, uplifting place.

We're hoping to get together with the Hanks later this week, Amelia has her first dentist appointment, and we only work two shifts this weekend. It's going to fly by, and we have another appointment with Dr. Thackeray on Monday. 

I always like reading back to what it was like around this time with Amelia's pregnancy. It's crazy to think how stir-crazy and ready I was to have her by now. This time around, I want to cook you until the very last minute! It's a good thing I'm not feeling quite as enormous and claustrophobic this time around, which makes sense with the 21 pound weight gain thus far.

Looking back at the list I made 10 weeks ago:

sell desk & aquarium
paint nursery
order/assemble crib, mattress, & changing table/dresser
sort through baby clothes/ rewash and organize
make a mobile?
ready a diaper bag
clean the carrier carseat
big sister gift to Amelia from Scarlett
order solly baby wrap
newborn diapers
set up bassinet

We should probably add on:
treats for the hospital staff
Christmas gifts

What else am I forgetting?
Wow! We are procrastinators over here! Am I the least bit frantic? Nah... I'm still counting on you waiting until after Christmas to join us! No early business, keeeeeeeay?

Love ya,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment