Sunday, November 9, 2014

33

Dear Scarlett,

I've been really feeling the exhaustion of this pregnancy this week, we are definitely in the third trimester! I've been dragging at work and it feels like I can't keep my eyes open by the end of my shift; I've also been sleeping so soundly at night, only waking up to pee 302389 times of course. My limbs are achy, and I think I have a bruised rib, and I cry really often, and I don't feel I'm patient enough with your older sister. I love you so much, but sometimes it's hard to always stay positive. I hope you know that motherhood is the hardest hardest thing I've ever done in my life. And it must be pretty incredible because I can also say it the greatest.

At this time with Amelia's pregnancy, stretch marks showed up. I'm glad that I had constant reminders around me of how important they were. Although we haven't had any stretch marks this time around, I constantly look at and feel my physical reminders of motherhood. I think of how grateful I am to have a body with the ability to house and grow beautiful children. I love how much you've changed me for the better.

We had an appointment with Dr. Thackeray a few days ago, we're measuring at 32 cm (right on the money). We didn't have a cervical exam because we're so close to "full term" and we're no longer concerned about these insane contractions. We set our next appointment for 35 weeks, and I cannot believe how close that sounds! I just know the next 7 weeks are going to fly by (Dad doesn't think we'll make it that far, but we'll see!)

Love you so much,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment