Tuesday, April 5, 2011

[day 9] something you're proud of in the past few days

okay, not to sound like a broken record... but in case you haven't heard, I got into College of Nursing at University of Utah. Pretty big deal if you ask me. What you probably didn't already know was that I had to pay 95 dollars to get a criminal background check and a drug screening within 72 hours of opening that online letter.

So, today I went to take a pee test (haha). For some reason, I always get really shy. I hate drug screenings, because I can never perform in a timely manner, and I imagine in my head that they're going to note that, and some how my urine is going to come up positive for illegal drug use. Anyway, I get there around 10:00 AM, and there's no line- perfect! :) but, as my luck would have it, there is not twinge down there whatsoever. so the technican gives me a cup.


It's labeled, "urine collection container" and tells me I can fill that up, there's a drinking fountain on the other side of the building. So I pretty much down 5-6 cups of water from this said cup. Nothing. By this time, three or four people have gone through and performed and is out. and I'm still waiting to go (frustrating, yes?)

Finally, I feel ready, but what comes out, only fills half their capsule. They say it might not be enough, and they might contact me to go again, and send me on my way out. Literally five minutes later, and 10 minutes later again, I have this painful urge to go (of course, after I leave). really?

story of my life.
xoxo

1 comment: